Hello friends. I am traveling this weekend and week. I'm in the Atlanta area visiting friends this weekend and then here Monday-Friday morning for a photography workshop. This morning I had the joy of visiting a VERY LARGE Baptist church here in the Atlanta area. And boy oh boy did it bring back some serious memories.
You see, Cornerstone Church of Ames is NOTHING like anything I grew up attending. My Baptist roots just don't translate to the corn fields of Iowa. So Cornerstone does what it takes (and what God asks of them!) to be a light in the Midwest.
That said, I love Cornerstone.
But this morning, I experienced LOTS of things that I have not experienced for quite some time. Things I saw and heard that were sweet memories:
1) "Please stand in honor of the reading of God's Word"
2) a choir
3) a sermon with a LOT of alliteration for the points (3 points and a poem!)
4) An offering plate being passed, complete with the "special song" for offertory
5) Offering envelopes in the seat back in front of me
6) Lots and lots of ladies in their "Sunday best"
Some things I had NEVER seen before:
1) Valet parking for PRESCHOOL families! OH MY WORD. LOVED IT!
2) An auditorium that seats about a gazillion people (maybe like 5000)
It was a great worship experience.
I'm headed to the photography workshop tomorrow. Here's hoping that I really am a good student and learn a lot. Big kudos to my mom and Jerry for hanging with Mr. Callen this week while Mark's at work and I'm gone. Callen's getting some good Meme time!