Monday, June 23, 2008


Doctor appointment today . . .
Blood pressure is still down. 1 cm dilated (TMI???)
Back home for more rest . . . BUT I can add the recliner to my sitting locations now! Yippee for change of scenery!

We have another appointment on Friday.

Must be that I've just created the perfect place for this baby and he/she is in NO hurry to vacate! That's OK. We'll wait.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bed Rest

Well, after a night at "Camp Mary Greeley" as my doctor called it . . . . we are back home. My doc was NOT happy with my high blood pressure on tuesday and put me in overnight to observe me and the baby. Blood pressure went down with rest and she sent me home - on bed rest until Baby Stenberg decides to make his or her appearance.

So, it is the couch or bed (with a few minutes in between for showers and an email check NOW and then . . . . ) for Mandy B Stenberg.

Pray that Baby will decide to come on his or her own and we can proceed with our "plans" for a natural childbirth.
Pray that I will follow doc's orders.

Our connection group and other church family has already been a huge blessing to us. They have meals planned and folks are calling all the time to check on us. We are blessed and loved.

Best way to contact us: email or cell phone.
THANKS for praying!

Monday, June 16, 2008

2 weeks to go

Hey friends and family. You've been asking "How are you feeling?" . . . . so I thought I'd better update!

This past Thursday at my now weekly doc appointment I had pretty high blood pressure. So the doctor told me to take it easy for the next few days, stay off my feet as much as possible. Easy to do unless you have a wedding scheduled to photograph and work on Sunday and Day Camp with 72 campers starting on Monday . . .

But . . .
I found some great friends/fellow photographers to sub for me at the wedding
Left work early on Sunday
and I have been sitting most of Day Camp today just giving everyone else direction!

So we have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow and we'll know more about if the high blood pressure was a one day fluke or an issue we need to address sooner than later. You can just pray that all will be well and that I will continue to follow doc's orders!

I'll let you know when we know anything else!